Sonshine Celebrations has been on hiatus for a bit. So much has happened in the last year, and it’s taken all my attention and strength to deal with it all. But as I look back at past blog posts, I find God speaking to me, encouraging me, Loving me. And I know that those words also speak to those of you reading them, so I feel quite strongly that God wants me to resume my blog posts. There are those of you out there who need to hear of God’s Love and encouragement. It is my goal to publish something new every Friday.
Some weeks will be more in-depth posts, while others may be more light-hearted. Some weeks I might only be up to posting a cute picture and a paragraph of Joy, or the link to an encouraging story or picture. But it is my hope and prayer to get back into the groove, and have something new on Sonshine Celebrations every week to remind you of the Father’s Love for you.
And whether or not you’re new to Sonshine Celebrations, I want you to know how glad I am that you are here today!!!! I encourage you to look back through older posts. You can simply peruse them at your leisure or you can use the search bar and type in a topic. Either way, I hope you are Blessed and reminded of how very precious you are to God, and that He is always there for you, taking care of you!
What’s With the Title?
You may ask, “What are we Celebrating, or not Celebrating as the case may be, and why is that our topic for today?”
Well, last month was the 3 Year Anniversary of Sonshine Celebration coming into being. In the past, I have written about Celebrating, and done something special to commemorate the occasion. I am very proud of this blog, and Love encouraging others with things God has shared with me. If I can give Hope and encouragement to others struggling through Life, then that makes me glad.
Because we all struggle through Life at one time or another. For some of us, it seems to be a constant battle. For others, Life is GOOD . . . until that day when things come crashing down around us. God did not promise us a carefree Life or a Life without trouble. Rather, He tells us quite clearly that we will have trials and strife in our lives. But He promises us that He will always be there with us, helping us through the rough times, and that better times are up ahead. And just think, in the end, we will get to spend Eternity with God! That is truly something to Celebrate.
“These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
But let’s face it- it’s HARD to Celebrate when everything seems to be going wrong around us. Truth to tell, I wasn’t up to a big Ta-do last month. I just didn’t have the desire, the energy or the time. But I wanted to write a blog post all month long, in Praise to God for the Blessings of this Blog, and those whose lives are touched by it, including mine. But instead of stressing about it, I chose to wait a bit to re-coop a little. Yet, the Lord tells us to Rejoice, and so here I am . . . REJOICING!!!!! Maybe not in a BIG BANG kind of way, but at least in small tribute to all God has done for me with this Blog, and with my Life, especially this past year.
So whether or not you have something HUGE to throw a party for, I’m going to encourage you, IN YOUR OWN TIME AND WAY, to Praise God for it, to Celebrate and see God’s care in your Life, the Blessings He bestows upon us, and His Joy at our accomplishments.
Big or Small – Give Praise for All
“Always be full of joy in the Lord: I say it again, rejoice.” -Philippians 4:4
You know, I never used to understand those Bible verses that encouraged me to Praise God through trials as well as Joy. How can I Praise God when my children suffer from intense physical ailments? What do I thank Him for at the death of Loved Ones? What do I thank Him for when Life is chaos all around me, and I struggle to get through, one day at a time?
It has taken me a long time to come to some understanding, so I’ll share a bit with you.
- God wants us to trust Him! That He is in control, that He Loves us, that He will bring about good for His Glory even through bad times, awful time. So some days, all I can do is say I trust Him, even if just a miniscual amount, and thank Him that He is in charge, even if I can’t see it.
- I can thank Him, and Praise Him for His Love, and the knowledge that I am growing closer to Him and who He made me to be through my tribulations.
- Sometimes, I get hints of what God is up to, and can thank Him for those. For example, I am not a greatly organized person, but having to deal with cleaning up my parents house is helping me grow to be organized, and stretch my abilities. Thank you, God.
- Even in rough times, there are still Blessings from God, even if it’s just making it through another day!
- God’s Majesty is all around us, in the wonders of Nature and the kindness of mankind.
- In the end, God is really all we do have to Praise- He Loves us, He gives us strength, He will welcome us into His arms in Eternity. That’s something very praise-worthy!!!!!
- Finally, even through our trials, Life goes on. Loved Ones pass away, but we are still alive. While facing medical issues, we are surrounded by caring medical personnel and family. We keep working, and maybe get that raise. We stand steadfast taking classes, and receive our degree, we persevere in Life, caring for our Loved Ones, following God’s prompts, and moving forward, one day at a time. Those moments, those accomplishments, are worth Celebrating and Praising God for.
As for me, it’s been an emotionally trying, tough year full of change and sorrow. But there have also been great Joys along the way, And something I greatly Praise God for is that He has been with me throughout it all, giving me strength, encouragement, support along the way.
So do I Celebrate God and the accomplishments I have done this year with His help?
In a BIG GRANDIOSE way at this moment? Not so much.
But it’s the Praise that Blesses God. It’s the sharing of His provision that encourages others. And it’s the reflections of what God has done for me in the past year that shifts my mood from despair to Hope, and confidence in our Lord.
I Hope you find the same along the way,
Blessings and Peace, Billie
P. S. SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY!
Praise him—he is your God, and you have seen with your own eyes the great and astounding things that he has done for you. (Deuteronomy 10:21)
Balloon Girl from shoprongrong by Rongrong DeVoe
Sending You a Hug, Llama Celebration and Praise Him found on Pinterest
Praise God in the Storm found on Christianswalls
Firework Celebration from acafe.msc.sony.jp
Praise the Lord Puppy from sportsposterwarehouse